Are you all worked up in your business? Or you probably need some time out with friends and family? Or maybe you want to go on a vacation? If yes is your answer to these questions, then you sure need a virtual assistant. If you’re internet savvy, you probably should have heard this term before. A virtual assistant is in very much way similar to your usual assistant except, of course, you don’t get to see them. They work from home.
A virtual assistant can be likened to a contractor who works independently and renders administrative services to clients while operating from the comfort of their own environment. That is, they don’t operate from the client’s office. They work remotely! Virtual assistants usually have years of management experience and secretarial service.
How to get started with outsourcing online tasks to a virtual assistant
Virtual assistant services are a great way to get you off the ground in other vital assignments you have to do. As a self-manager, there are many things you like to achieve before the end of every day. There is a lot on your table daily ranging from social media to bookkeeping. To succeed, there is a need to outsource some of these tasks to a virtual assistant. Well, sometimes, the problem isn’t about outsourcing a task. It can be about which particular task to outsource. As a guide, you should take note of these three important things:
1. Things you have hatred for doing
2. Things you don’t have the skill or time to do yourself
3. Things you can’t do by yourself.
The tasks you assign to a virtual assistant should fall into one of these three categories above. The first one is simple, jot down the tasks you hate to do in your day to day activities as an individual. It could be anything ranging from bookkeeping to administration.
The second one involves tasks you don’t have the experience, expertise or skill to do. It could be complex tasks like video editing, graphics design or social media management.
The third one talks about tasks you shouldn’t be doing. Still confused? Discussed below are 25 online tasks you can outsource to a virtual assistant.
25 Online Tasks to outsource to a virtual assistant
Having established the great role outsourcing can play in your everyday living and business, it is important to list some everyday online tasks you can easily outsource to a virtual assistant.
Email and schedule management task.
One of the most significant factors in the consumption of an individual’s time is email. Many folks find themselves trapped in the outlook email app all because they want to send emails that should not cost them much time. When you work with a virtual assistant in the online task of email and schedule management, you become more productive. Some of the e-mail and schedule management tasks you should outsource include:
1. Management of calendar
2. Email filtering/management
3. Follow up with clients via sending of thank you emails
4. Appointment scheduling
5. Setting up auto responders for email correspondence
6. Reminder services via online communication channels
File storage and organizational tasks
The world we live in today is like flashing light. Many things come the way that can easily distract us and make us lose focus on the most important things, thereby leaving us in a disorganized way where everything will consistently hoarse our daily living. The organization of everyday’s activities is critical to our productivity. Being organized shows an accurate picture of how effective we are. It’s essential we don’t jettison this aspect of our everyday lives. That’s why you need the service of a virtual assistant to handle online tasks of organization for you. Some of these include:
7. Data entry in excel, word, or Google Docs
8. Writing of minutes for a meeting
9. Preparation of slide shows with PowerPoint application
10. Creation of necessary reports on a daily, weekly, quarterly or yearly basis.
11. File management (organization of files using Google drive, one drive, Dropbox, etc.)
12. Booking of appointment with prospects or clients
13. Database management (building, developing, maintaining, updating lists/details on CRM)
14. PDF conversions, merging and splitting
Blogging and administrative tasks
A virtual assistant can do so much more for you in the area of blogging and general administration. They can help with managing your blog and marketing it so that it generates the required results for you. Managing of daily administrative tasks by a virtual assistant will help you stay focused on other important assignments.
15. Bookkeeping appointment with your clients
16. Flight and hotel booking
17. Transcription of audio files (podcasts, voicemail, etc.)
18. Answering and making calls
19. Researching on specific topics for content creation for newsletters, blog posts, etc
20. Management of social media accounts like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube etc. (creating, maintaining and updating)
21. Management of word press blogs (editing of blog posts, publishing, updating, etc.)
22. Answering support tickets via the use of zendesk.
23. Data mining, development and lead generation
24. Project management training / Project management between you and other team members or clients.
25. Preparation of training materials
There is so much value you will get when you outsource online task to virtual assistants. But ensure you pick a professional and reliable virtual assistant. Take a critical look at your daily schedules and decide on which tasks are appropriate to outsource.