Terms of Service
1. These Terms of Service constitute a legally binding agreement made between you, whether personally or on behalf of an entity (“you”), and VA Patrick, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org concerning your access to and use of our website as well as any other media form, media channel, mobile website or mobile application related, linked, or otherwise connected thereto (collectively, the “Site”).
2. You agree that by accessing the Site and using resources provided therein, you have read, understood, and agree to be bound by all of these Terms of Service. If you do not agree with all of these Terms of Service or have no legal capacity to be bound to them, then you are expressly prohibited from using the Site and resources provided therein, and you must discontinue the use immediately.
3. These Terms of Service, your use of the Site, as well as contracts concluded with us are governed by and construed in accordance with Nigerian laws. Those persons who choose to access the Site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are solely responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
4. All orders placed through the Site are subject to conditions specified in the order page and below.
5. We dedicate our Site to Virtual Assistant services helping you with administrative and business needs, including, but not limited to such as content writing, bookkeeping, data entry, appointment setting, internet research, web design and social media management. You can order our assistance through our Site, after completing the registration process (“Services”).
6. The scope of our Services, communication methods, total price, payment methods and dates, we well as the method and date of delivering our Services, will be communicated to you before placing the order, either through the Site or directly. Unless specified otherwise, our Services are provided after ordering one of the specific packages listed on the order page, subject to the following conditions:
i) You are ordering a package of a specific amount of working hours to be used for specific tasks performed as a part of Services within 30 days of placing the order.
ii) After 30 days of placing the order, unused hours expire without the right to refund. For the avoidance of doubt, unused hours are working hours that you ordered, but have not assigned to a specific task within 30 days of purchase.
iii) If you purchase more hours before using all the hours previously ordered, the hours from the new package will be added to the existing hours, and will have a new expiry date, which is 30 days after your latest purchase.
iv) You accept a task if you are satisfied with it or reject it if you need it reviewed. Failure to accept or reject a task 3 days after it is delivered, tasks will be automatically marked as approved and completed by VA Patrick. Subsequent reviews on the task will be subject to additional costs (to be deducted from your VA hours).
Claims and Complaints
7. All complaints should be sent to the address indicated in section 1 above, by e-mail or traditional mail. The complaint should include:
i) Your first and last name.
ii) Your mailing address and e-mail address.
iii) Description of the complaint (e.g. to what extent the order has not been fulfilled correctly).
iv) Expected state after settling the complaint.
8. Complaints will be considered within 30 days of their receipt. The answer will be sent to the e-mail address provided by you.
9. We may request you to provide information necessary to solve the request, specifying a period not shorter than 7 days and the scope of required information, with the instruction that failure to complete the request within the specified period will result in the request not being considered. After the expiry of the designated deadline, the complaint shall not be considered.
10. Customers enjoy possibilities of using out-of-court complaint and redress procedures. If you wish to follow such procedure, please contact us so we might suggest a procedure appropriate for your case.
11. You can cancel your package at 100% refund before assigning first task to the Virtual Assistant. If you cancel your package after assigning a task to the Virtual Assistant, but before the Virtual Assistant delivers first order within a package, you are entitled to a 50% refund. After the Virtual Assistant delivers first order within a package, the cancellation right no longer applies to this package.
12. You can cancel your package either through the Site or by contacting us directly. The model cancellation template that can be copied and completed only if you wish to withdraw from the contract is as follows:
i) Addressee: (our details from section 1 of the Terms of Service)
ii) I (*) inform (*) about my withdrawal from the contract for the provision of the following services (*)
iii) The date of conclusion of the contract (*)
iv) Name and surname of the customer(s)
v) Address of the customer(s)
vi) Signature of the customer(s) (only if the form is sent in paper version or scan)
13. Consequences of withdrawal from the contract: In the event of withdrawal from this contract, we will refund payments received from you, including the costs of delivering the product, immediately and in any case, no later than 14 days from the date on which we were informed about the decision to exercise the right to withdraw from this contract. Refunds will be made using the same payment methods that were used in the original transaction, unless expressly agreed otherwise; in no event will you incur any fees related to this return.
Modifications and Interruptions
14. We reserve the right to change, modify, or remove the contents of the Site at any time or for any reason at our sole discretion without notice. However, we have no obligation to update any information on our Site. We also reserve the right to modify or discontinue all or part of the Site without notice at any time.
15. We will not be liable to you or any third party for any modification, price change, suspension, or discontinuance of the Site.
16. We cannot guarantee the Site will be available at all times. We may experience hardware, software, or other problems or need to perform maintenance related to the Site, resulting in interruptions, delays, or errors.
17. We reserve the right to change, revise, update, suspend, discontinue, or otherwise modify the Site at any time or for any reason without notice to you. You agree that we have no liability whatsoever for any loss, damage, or inconvenience caused by your inability to access or use the Site during any downtime or discontinuance of the Site.
18. Nothing in these Terms of Service will be construed to oblige us to maintain and support the Site or to supply any corrections, updates, or releases in connection therewith.
19. Any legal action of whatever nature brought by either you or us (collectively, the “Parties” and individually, a “Party”) shall be commenced or prosecuted in the Federal Republic of Nigeria, and the Parties hereby consent to, and waive all defenses of lack of personal jurisdiction and forum non conveniens with respect to venue and jurisdiction in the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
20. There may be information on the Site that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies, or omissions that may relate to the Site, including descriptions, pricing, availability, and various other information. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies, or omissions and to change or update the information on the Site at any time, without prior notice.
21. The site is provided on an as-is and as-available basis. You agree that your use of the Site and our Services will be at your sole risk. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we disclaim all warranties, express or implied, in connections with the Site and your use thereof, including, without limitation, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. We make no warranties or representations about the accuracy or completeness of the Site’s content or the content of any websites linked to the site and we will assume no liability or responsibility for any:
i) errors, mistakes, or inaccuracies of content and materials,
ii) personal injury or property damage, of any nature whatsoever, resulting from your access to and use of the site,
iii) unauthorized access to or use of our secure servers or all personal data or financial information stored therein,
iv) interruption or cessation of transmission to or from the site,
v) any bugs, viruses, trojan horses, or the like which may be transmitted to or through the site by any third party, and/or
vi) any errors or omissions in any content and materials or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any content posted, transmitted or otherwise made available via the site. We do not warrant, guarantee, or assume responsibility for any product or service advertised, or offered by a third party through the site, any hyperlinked website, or any website or mobile application featured in any banner or other advertising, and we will not be a party to or in any way be responsible for monitoring any transaction between you any third-party providers of products or services.
22. As with making transactions through any medium or in any environment, you should use your best judgment and exercise caution where appropriate.
Limitations of Liability
23. To the fullest extent permitted by law, in no event will we, our Virtual Assistants, directors, employees, or agents be liable to you or any third party for any direct, indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental, special, or punitive damages, including lost profit, lost revenue, loss of data, or other damages arising from your use of the Site and our Services, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
24. You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold us harmless, including our subsidiaries, affiliates, and all of our respective officers, agents, partners, and employees, from and against any loss, damage, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses, made by any third party due to or arising out of: (1) your Contributions; (2) use of the Site and Services; (3) breach of these Terms of Service; (4) any breach of your representations and warranties set forth in these Terms of Service; (5) your violation of the rights of a third party, including but not limited to intellectual property rights; or (6) any overt harmful act toward any other user of the Site with whom you connected via the Site.
25. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we reserve the right, at your expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter for which you are required to indemnify us, and you agree to cooperate, at your expense, with our defense of such claims. We will use reasonable efforts to notify you of any such claim, action, or proceeding which is subject to this indemnification upon becoming aware of it.
26. Visiting the Site, sending us emails, and completing online forms constitute electronic communications. You consent to receive electronic communications. You hereby waive any rights or requirements under any statutes, regulations, rules, ordinances, or other laws in any jurisdiction which require an original signature or delivery or retention of non-electronic records, or to payments or the granting of credits by any means other than electronic means.
27. These Terms of Service and any policies or operating rules posted by us on the Site constitute the entire agreement and understanding between you and us. Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms of Service shall not operate as a waiver of such right or provision.
28. These Terms of Service operate to the fullest extent permissible by law. We may assign any or all our rights and obligations to others at any time. We shall not be responsible or liable for any loss, damage, delay, or failure to act caused by any cause beyond our reasonable control.
29. If any provision or part of a provision of these Terms of Service is determined to be unlawful, void, or unenforceable, that provision or part of the provision is deemed severable from these Terms of Service and does not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
30. There is no joint venture, partnership, employment or agency relationship created between you and us as a result of these Terms of Service or use of the Site. You agree that these Terms of Service will not be construed against us by virtue of having drafted them.
31. You hereby waive any and all defenses you may have based on the electronic form of these Terms of Service and the lack of signing by the parties hereto to execute these Terms of Service.
32. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to make changes or modifications to these Terms of Service at any time and for any reason. We will alert you about any changes to these Terms of Service, using the e-mail address you provided. If you do not agree with the updates to these Terms of Service, let us know within 7 days of receiving an alert. Lack of timely objection means you agree to the new version Terms of Service.
33. These Terms of Service remain binding until you use or have a valid account on our Site and until you pay us all the remaining fees, commissions and remuneration, 2 years after that date, and later - to extent implied by the nature of rights and obligations created under these Terms of Service, in particular until the end of limitation periods for any legal claims.
34. The Parties may agree an earlier termination of the Terms of Service.